Seth & I have been experimenting with marinara sauce and we tried this one from All Recipes.com which is really good and inexpensive. It was rated 5 out of 5 by 654 users.
2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
4 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 Tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup white wine (this is the original recipe but I used chicken broth instead - a lot of reviewers suggested that)
Directions:
1. In a food processor, place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine (or chicken broth).
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occaisionally.
We served this on top of whole wheat angel hair. We found a really good brand at Sprouts called Gia Russa - it's made in Italy so it's kind of expensive but it doesn't have that bitter taste that some brands do.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Best Marinara Sauce Yet
Posted by lynn at 7:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to try!
I tried this tonight after reading some reader review changes on AllRecipes- I put extra garlic ~ 2 tsp, used dried parsley (that's all I had), added 1Tbsp brown sugar, omitted salt as I used chicken broth in place of white wine. It was very good!
Post a Comment