CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Grandma's Sunday Chicken

This is a great fix it and forget it meal. You can even make it all up the night before and stick it in the refrigerator then cook it the next day. I like it served with steamed rice or pasta tossed with garlic, olive oil and grated parmesan or romano cheese. ~~Amber~~

3 to 3 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 packages Carl Budding (or similar) honey-ham lunchmeat
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (you can use cream of chicken if you prefer)
16 oz of sour cream
Garlic powder
Ground black pepper
Salt
Toothpicks

Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large bowl mix sour cream and mushroom soup together and season to taste with garlic powder, pepper and salt. Set aside.
Cut chicken breast into pieces that will be small enough to wrap the lunchmeat around. Wrap each piece of chicken breast in a piece of ham and secure with a toothpick. Arrange the wrapped pieces of chicken in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
Pour soup mixture over the top and cover with aluminum foil. Bake degrees for 3 hours.

1 comments:

Kate said...

I remember you cooked this for us one Thanksgiving. Brad and I didn't realize the chicken was wrapped in ham, so at first I thought it was raw . . .it was so funny. I cut into it and realized what it was. I'm glad you made it, it was super delicious!