I made this recipe up when I was 18, I have since added the ground flax and sometimes I add nuts, the pancakes are really fluffy and good. The recipe can be used in a waffle iron and come out really good as well. Serena
3/4 tsp salt
3 T brown sugar
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ( I think I add about 1/4 cup more or so of flour for waffles)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 T ground flax (optional)
2 1/2 T oil
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. buttermilk (can substitute with-1 1/2 cups milk minus 1 1/2 T of the milk and add 1 1/2 T white vinegar)
1 tsp vanilla
Mix dry ingredients first and then add liquids. Cook on a prepared pan or waffle iron.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I first used regular whole wheat and then recently I have been experimenting with whole white wheat, both work great, the white winter wheat is a little closer to all purpose flour, but has more nutrition.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Whole wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Posted by lovestocook at 7:13 PM
Labels: Breakfast, Main dish, Quick breads
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment