I found this in Taste of Home 2000 and everyone loved it. So I kept it to myself. Ha ha ha. But I'll share now, 8 years later.-Kendra
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustared
In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into eight loaves; place in greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Combine ketchup, brown suger and mustard; spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160. Serves 8.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Li'l Cheddar Meat Loaves
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The secret is out!!!! Finally! Does this mean we won't be invited over for meatloaf again?
The only change I would make is to add less sugar to the topping...it is a little too sweet for our taste. It's not my favorite meatloaf recipe (but then, we don't have meatloaf that often)...but it was good and I would make it again with the above change.
Post a Comment